What I like about ......bengalis:
1. The clothes. I love saris. Very glamorous.
2. The food! Especially rice and fish. Very healthy.
3. The language. There is no “p”. I never did like plosive letters. Too harsh.
Someone teach me to say I love you in bangla.
What I like about ......Americans.
How you doin? (joey style)
I have too many American friends to indulge in any American bashing. Besides, we were reading this poem in class, and I found myself defending American foreign policy in an attempt to be diplomatic, because the students were being so anti American! Besides not everyone in America thinks in the same way.. (only just learnt how to do that without the messy url so will probably be doing it a lot)
Anyway, what I like about Americans then:
1. translations is showing in Broadway! If you live anywhere near new york, go and see it. Wanted to take my A2 students who are studying it but there is no where close by :(
2. the way they say leisure “leesure” tee hee hee hee. The first time Saudi stepford wife did it, I actually didn’t know what she was saying. But it sounds nifty that way. Don’t know why!
3. the cookies are bigger. Need I say more?
What I like about ......arabs
1. the language!
2. I think it would be kind of cool to go out fully covered in the middle of summer, and not have people looking at you like you are an alien.
3. halal meat wherever you go
what I like about paki(stanis)
well come on I could’t leave it out now could i?
… but can’t seem to think of anything at the moment. No I’m kidding
1. the language. And mirpuri really does beat any other languages hands down! (samaose kaso, sesso)
2. whatever else you might think of extended familes, at least they are close knit and help each other out.
3. ?? any additions? My mind really has gone blank!
What I like about ......Chinese people
Le ho ma (is that right even!?)
1. everything! I’m not allowed to teach the Chinese students at college. They actually won’t let me! Well ok, they’re not allowed to do A Level English, but still..
2. I think I better stop this section, before people start getting worried about my obsession with the chinese. Really!
What I like about Danes
Hvarden har du det?
3. met two very sweet Danish girls, and it is no longer the ominous land with those cartoons. So yeh, all Danish boycotts shold be stopped now
and last but of course not least
what I like about Britain
aright mate? That was supposed to be cockney style. No? okay then
1. if you look and compare with other countries, I really do believe this is one of the most tolerant countries to be in at the moment.
2. the food- well it’s important!
3. the weather. I’m happier when it’s cold.
The north/ south divide deserves a post by itself, but I would just want to finish by saying the north west rocks! And London has no greenery. Right saabirah?